Sacred Heart parish was officially established and cut off from Queens Park in 1959. Fr Ernest Rogers was appointed the first Parish Priest in March 1959, where for 11 years he dedicated his life to setting up the school and Parish. The second Parish Priest was Fr Lawrence Eivers, who was appointed in 1970, but died suddenly on 14th October 1979. The Norbertine Fathers from Queens Park took over the duties of the Parish Priest until Fr Charles O’Malley was appointed in March 1980. Fr O’Malley was a dedicated catalyst in the on-going development of the parish and the success of the new Church at Ovens Road, Thornlie. The site at Ovens Road was large enough to bring together on one site, the Church, the Presbytery, a two-stream primary school, a Parish centre, a pre-primary school and sporting/parking facilities. The opening of the new Church was on 9th February 1992. In 2000, Fr Charles O’Malley resigned after suffering a major stroke. In May, Fr Patrick Lim was appointed Parish Priest and the Parish Pastoral Council was reformed. In 2004 Fr John Thornhill was invited to reside at the Presbytery with Fr Patrick Lim and they both worked on the production of the Emmaus Series on Evangelisation. In 2005, Fr Patrick Lim’s was appointed Parish Priest of Kalamunda and the Parish of Thornlie was blessed with the appointment of the Parish Priest Monsignor Timothy Corcoran who continued until 24th January 2018. (after 12 years as Parish Priest, Monsignor Timothy Corcoran retired). Father Minh-Thuy Nguyen was appointed as our new Parish Priest on 24th January 2018.